[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pity Party

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: charangsd@xxxxxxx, inquestgsd@xxxxxxx, Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 21:53:05 -0400 (EDT)

I don't measure anything :) just an old cajun way of making gumbo LOL

Following is what I use:

Chicken
andouille sausage
Smoked Turkey necks ( i do have the butcher cut those in about 1"  pieces)
chopped onions
shallots
parsley
green pepper
Kary's Dry Roux (fat free)

2 containers of Chicken broth
sautee onions, shallots, parsley, green peppers in spray butter ( i use fat
 free) then add sausage, turkey necks, chicken broth, water. Cook on low
fire for about 1 hour, add chicken and then cook for about another 20 to 30
minutes or until chicken is cooked.
My gumbo is low fat, since the sausage is home made by friends and smoked
hanging in a smoke house it is very lean.

BTW mine came out great, made enough to give to 4 friends and my daughter,
Make a very large pot of gumbo.

This may not help much since I don't use a measuring cup. :)
Lee

In a message dated 10/9/2012 5:30:36 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
charangsd@xxxxxxx writes:

Hi Lee,
What is your receipe for the chicken/sausage gumbo? Sounds  good!

Angie Martin
Charan GSD's
Home of 08 So.  Pacific BIM Ch. Charan's Masquerade of Kimber
Co-owner/Breeder of Int'l Ch. & US Ch. Charan's Magic  Spell of Sandroc
Kimber's Faith of Charan (pts) Dam of above sable sisters