[ SHOWGSD-L ] Pits, and other dogs that bite

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:25:59 -0800 (PST)

Part of the Rotweiller standard states that the dogs are supposed to be
agressive toward other dogs.

  Do we want to get rid of them too?  Pits are supposed to be agressive towards
other dogs, sadly bad owners and bad breeders make them more of what they are.
But if they are completely destroyed, then Rotties are next.

  Then our dogs.

  I again say it is owners and not the dogs that need to be delt with.
  sheila
  In a message dated 12/13/2006 1:22:46 PM Pacific Standard Time, Showgsd-
Msg: #7 in digest
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:02:32 -0800 (PST)
From: Edwin Hill
Subject: Pitts DO KILL

Agree or disagree there aren't many people in this sport whose wisdom and
knowledge I respect more than Ms. Martello. I hate discrimination for many
obvious reasons, but mainly it was the way I was raised...but Pitt Bulls are
different...and when you or some one you care about has been the victim of
these
dogs...well it makes you look at things differently...lost an uncle to a drunk
driver in 1969...still hurts today...you should hear my views on that
subject!......Pitts Bulls and Pitt Bull types are more or a problem than your
average
dog....saying a 4 pound Yorkie can be just as dangerous in the right situation
is
like saying I have a chance to win the lottery tonight...true but certainly
not likely...I am not going to come out saying we need to ban these dogs...(and
Sheila they DO KILL, just trust me on that one)...but if our communities
don't do something soon and something effective, the day is coming when I AM
going
to cross over to the other side and call for
the ban of these breeds....the safety of innocent people come first...Ed Hill

------------------------------

ED AND ALL: I KNOW IT ISN'T A POPULAR POSITION, BUT I TEND TO AGREE WITH
ED IN THIS SITUATION. DOGS WHICH ARE BRED FOR SPECIFIC PURPOSES, TEND TO BE
, ON THE AVERAGE, WHETHER TRAINED OR NOT, ABLE TO REVERT TO THEIR GENETIC
PURPOSE OF FIGHT OR FLIGHT.

MOST PEOPLE WHO TRULY UNDERSTAND THE BASIC NATURE OF THE DIFFERENT CANINE
BREEDS AND WHAT THEY ARE BRED TO PERFORM IN A GIVEN SITUATION...CAN EITHER
ENHANCE THAT OR TRY TO SUPRESS THAT BASIC INSTINCT... BUT IT IS ALWAYS THERE,
IN
THE MAJORITY OF THE BREEDS, JUST BELOW THE SURFACE AND THE RIGHT SET OF
CIRCUMSTANCES AND THE RIGHT IMPULSE AND JUST THE RIGHT SITUATION CAN SET THEM
OFF.
.IN GERMAN SHEPHERDS WE HAVE AND HAVE ALWAYS HAD A BREED BRED TO WORK AND
THAT WORK INCLUDED THE GUARD AND PROTECT AND DEFEND INSTINCT. THEY ARE MUCH
LESS LIKELY THAN A PIT BULL, (WHO IS BRED TO BE LOOKING FOR A FIGHT)TO RUN
DOWN THE STREET AND ATTACK SOMEONE, IF THEY HAVE NOTHING TO GUARD AND PROTECT
AND DEFEND WITH THEM..THAT HAS BEEN OUR SALVATION WITH THIS GS BREED , WHOSE
SHEER SIZE AND WEIGHT AND STRENGTH AND AGILITY AND LIGHTENING QUICKNESS, CAN
WREAK HAVOC ON AN UNSUSPECTING WAYWARD STRANGER. MOST ALL OF US, THANKFULLY,
HAVE ACCEPTED THAT TREMENDOUS RESPONSIBILITY , BECAUSE WE LOVE THE BREED AND
CAN TRAIN AND CONTROL THEM, BECAUSE OF THEIR SUPERIOR TO ANY OTHER CANINE
BREED AMAZING INTELLIGENCE.
THEY ARE NOT A ROAM AND KILL BREED.
I HAVE ALWAYS SAID AND BELIEVE WITH ALL MY HEART, THE GS IS NOT A PACK
BREED.. THEY ACT INDIVIDUALLY AND WITH A PURPOSE... GUIDED BY THEIR MASTERS,
WHOM
THEY ADORE AND WOULD DIE FOR TO GUARD, PROTECT AND DEFEND.
WE ALL LOVE ALL DOGS....I DO AND I KNOW OUR HEARTS GO OUT TO ALL OF THEM,...
BUT THERE IS UNFORTUNATELY AND DEEPLY SAD FOR THE PIT BULL BREED, THAT MANY
IGNORANT PEOPLE USE THEM FOR THE BASEST OF PURPOSES AND HAVEN'T A CLUE HOW TO
CONTROL THEM AND REALLY DO NOT CARE TO...
THEY LOVE THEIR MACHO DOGS!!!
YOU HAVE TO APPRECIATE THE LACK OF INTELLIGENCE OF MOST OF THE OWNERS
OF THESE PIT BULLS.,AND THEIR CRUEL AND BASE PURPOSE OF EXPLOITING THEM. THEY
TAKE NO RESPONSIBLITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THEY USUALLY DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR CHILDREN OR ANYTHING
ELSE!!!!
SO, HOW IN THE WORLD CAN WE FORCE THEM TO ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY???
WHEN THEY DO NOT EVEN HAVE THE WORD IN THEIR VOCABULARY!!
THE PIT BULL BREED WILL SUFFER. BUT, I AGREE WITH ED,,, I DO NOT WANT THEM
OUT THERE, IN THE HAND'S OF IRRESPONSIBLE OWNERS..
.I DON'T WANT ANY BREED CAPABLE OF KILLING SWIFTLY AND WITHOUT REMORSE,
LOOSE ON THE PUBLIC., IN THE HANDS OF FOOLS.... JMO BARB WILLIAMS

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original