[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pit Bull roundup

  • From: Marie Fisher <mzfishr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 13:32:22 -0700 (PDT)

I tried to send this yesteday but it didn't go thru.  Maybe this women can
help.    Marie

Date:Fri, 13 May 2005 10:32:46 -0700 (PDT)From:"Marie Fisher"
<mzfishr@xxxxxxxxx>  Subject:Forward - New Anti-BSL Organization Formed & March
in Washington DCTo:german_shepherds_for_amateurs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
germanshepherds4show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gsd_today@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
no_ca_BSL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   I think some of you might
have interest in this new club.   Marie
Hello group,
My name is Dawn Carlisle and I am on the Board of Directors as
Secretary for the newly formed F.I.D.O. Org. (Fighting Irresponsable Dog
Ownership)
We are currently finishing our 501(c)3 filing and are going tax exempt.
A web site is also being built and should be compleated soon.
F.I.D.O. will have memberships available as soon as the Federal non
profit letter of acceptance is received.
For the past few months we have been planning a march on Washington DC
to show that we, the responsable dog owners, will not stand for BSL any
longer. We will be asking that all BSL laws be replaced with laws that
charge the irresponsabe and negligent owners of any breed of dog that
attacks with the offence.
We will also be asking that Insurance Comapnies that refuse insurance
due to the breed of dog owned be be stopped from doing so.
This is a very busy time for F.I.D.O. There is much that needs to be
done in a short amount of time. The Board of Directors will be inviting
other Anti BSL groups, AKC, UKC, ADBA, National Breed Clubs and may more
groups to join us in this fight.
We are still in need of State Representitives, minimum of 4 per state
and 12 in larger states, County Reps for each State and Town/City/boro
Reps within each county.
These reps will be responsable for the gathering of
1. government Legislators and leaders names addresses, districts,
emails and phone numbers.
2. Names addresses phone numbers and contact person for all dog related
establishments including but not limited to: Pet Shops, Vets, Grooming
Salons, Doggie Day Cares, Kennels, Trainers, Weekend Dog walks, Dog
Sitting Services etc etc etc
3. The name of, addresses, phone numbers and name of contact person in
advertising of all local news papers in each State.
The reps will also be responsible for the

1. Printing out of flyers that we will send you via email. (we will be
trying to get paper donated) and placemet of these in the dog related
establishment.
2. Printing out of the petition that we will send you via email and its
placement at the dog related establishment. The petitions will also
have to be picked up and replaced weekly with the compleated ones being
mailed to the head office.

As a rep you will also be required to present your self in a proper
mannor and speak with management of the dog related establishment asking
for permission to place the petitions and flyers.

We also need people to educate others on BSL and how it can affect them
and their dog. About responsable dog ownership and what F.I.D.O. is
doing. We are not fighting for a certain breed of dog. We are fighting for
all dog breeds.

The rally in DC will have many respected speakers.
We are also hoping to get reps from all dog org.'s to attend the march.

This is the just the begining. We will not take no for an answer.

F.I.D.O. needs your help!!! Please email us if you would like to
volunteer or have questions about what you can do.
FIDODC@xxxxxxxxx

I look forward to hearing from all of you
Sincerly
Dawn Carlisle
Secretary F.I.D.O. Org.
Owner DCK9

PERMISSION TO CROSS POST
PLEASE DO!!!

RivendellP <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I lived in the Monbello neighborhood in Denver for 16 years. There are
definitely allot of Pit Bulls in that neighborhood, the majority of them are
owned by gang members and want to be gang members. They train the dogs to
fight and chain them to trees or tires to bring out the aggression.

Paul adds...

No doubt these are irresponsible owners whose dogs suffer from their
actions. That said...BSL is not or will ever be the right solution.
Education is the correct solution...on every level.

You will never see HSUS, PETA, or DDAL pushing for said education as it is
counter productive to their agenda. The conditions you describe in Denver,
and other towns around the country, adds fuel to their fires and generates
the kind of thinking that makes BSL sound credible when it is not.

It's going to be left to us...the responsible pet owners...to negate their
blather and educate a public in sad need of education. This is a task that
begins from the top and trickles down. We must start with the Legislators in
our States to introduce "Responsible Pet Ownership 101" into our schools.

We need contact to do this...do any of you have a relationship with such a
person? Legislator, School Administrator, or other influential kind of
person?

Paul

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

Yahoo! Mail Mobile