[ SHOWGSD-L ] Pineapple

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 09:20:23 -0400

Someone told me the other day that she was watching "Animal Planet" and
there was a dog trainer on the program.  She said that when this trainer
needs to get a dog to stop eating his and everyone else's stools, she
gives them pineapple.  Well this person told me she used this for her
stool eating dog and within three days she gave up the nasty habit.  She
told me that you have to make sure you give the other dogs pineapple as
well so she doesn't eat their stools.  Did anyone ever use pineapple on
their dogs with this problem?  By the way, my friend doesn't have German
Shepherds but has a toy breed.  I've tried the other suggestions that
people have put over the List even the Fig Newtons, and NOTHING works.
Is it safe to give dogs pineapple?  Best,  Barbara