[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Picking Puppies

  • From: "Cynthia Gialluca" <cgialluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx>, <beth0024@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Erynbrook@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 22:58:48 -0500

Wellhaving worked int he veterinary field I can give you one reason.  When
we saw urinary incontinance in a reletively young bitch, the first question
we asked was "When was she spayed?"  9 times out of 10 the asnwer we got was
'I dont know, we got her at 2 mos or 3 mos or even 4 mos from a shelter and
she was already spayed.  That is 9 times out of 10.  when I say young
bitches I mean 3 and 4 year olds.  Sure we ran UAs and most of the time they
would come back negative.  Why would anyone want to have an owner that has
to give meds to help with urinary incontinance when it could easily have
been avoided?

Cindy Gialluca
Cyneca German Shepherds