[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Picked Dr. Hutchison's brain

  • From: "Lindenhill German Shepherds" <Lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <chsweetsun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ChGermanShepherdShow" <CHGermanShepherdShowDogsList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 09:52:53 -0500

Have to respectively disagree here folks, everything I have read and our
breeding experience suggests polygenic in nature with both sides
contributing but is only "exhibited" in males. I would love to read a study
to the contrary, if you have one point me too it. Don't get me wrong, would
love to put this all on the bitches, I just don't think thats the case,
takes two to tango on this one, so to speak. ;-)

I have run into Stud Dog's that have never produced a cryptorchid. And have
used them with bitches that have in previous litters, the result has been
litters with complete sets of testicles. The hiddn part of course would
suggest that at 1/2 of these progent are carriers of the recessives or
defective genes from the mothers side..

From: "Steve Grainger" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Lindenhill German Shepherds" <Lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
<chsweetsun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "ChGermanShepherdShow"