[ SHOWGSD-L ] Pick your fights...& Fight Well

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 09:23:43 -0800

 When the majority decides what they want, I will ask them to respect the
minority opinions. If they won't then I will have to accept that.

Paul opines...

Evan...even tho you all (GSDC of Long Beach) don't hold shows in the city, I
would suggest you all change your name and write a letter to the City, the
Long Beach Chamber of Commerce, LA Times, and the Orange County Register
telling them why you are disassociating your club from Long Beach.

That would send an important message that needs to get out. Oh...I would
also copy Eukanuba, too.

I don't know if it will work in Long Beach but the message will show that
such a decision will affect the $ going to Long Beach and that money instead
will go to other less severe cities.

If we could convince Eukanuba...that would be huge. We could write them
letters offering to boycott the show but it would hurt them even more if we
stopped buying their products. Eukanuba and Iams are made by the same
company.

I personally am opposed to boycotts but there are times when they are
necessary...this could be one of those times.

Paul