[ SHOWGSD-L ] Phyllis Wright (all breed handler)..and the best news to date...

  • From: CMILL189@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 16:36:34 EST

Thanks everyone The prayers are definitely working!! This is amazing news!!
Happy New Year !

Phyllis is awake and fully  communicative!  What a glorious day.  She is, in
the words of Louis,  "remarkably better."  She is limited in her ability to
speak because of the  tracheotomy, but she's trying.  She understands fully the
entire  conversation she's having with her son.  The staff at the hospital
(address  below) tell Louis she'll be moving to a rehab center soon.  She can
now
 receive cards and other greetings (no email).  Because hospital will allow
her only a couple of visitors per day Louie would like you to call him to
arrange a visiting time so that no one shows up at hospital only to be turned
away.  I will advise further when this voluntary arrangement can be  relaxed.
Hallelujah....I didn't expect to be seeing this day.  I felt  good enough about
it that when Louie said she couldn't speak because of the  tracheotomy tubes
I suggested  maybe we should never take them  out.   Bless you for all your
prayers, thoughts, concerns, well  wishes.  Our friend is on her way back.
Meanwhile, Chrissy Scarpino  was very thoughtful in sending a total description
of
the tracheotomy process  and its implications.  For those who'd like to see a
very complete,  thoughtful survey of the entire thing check the attachment
below.
Hospital:  Mass. Memorial, 365 Plantation St,  Worcester, MA
Louie phone number for arranging visit times:  508/450-3107

Unless there is a reason to do so my reports to you  will now be sent only
when there's something remarkable to  report.

Alan