[ SHOWGSD-L ] Photos on ShowGSD-L

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: RihadinK9@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 05:49:11 -0700

I have to agree.. the pictures ARE fun!! HOWEVER..this is does not seem to
be the case for all the listers, for some it can, and seems to have, cause
excessive download time, garbled digests and over all appears to adversely
compromise the purpose and enjoyment of the primary purposes of this list.

On another server, we did have a spot to post pictures, but I believe that
was not utilized as would have been expected as there was no "guarantee"
that the pictures would be seen by many of the listers.. only those who
chose to visit the site. The impact of pictures is lost when descriptors
(such as is possible when they are embedded in an e-mail) are not available.
In essence, we want it quick and we want it easy...and we are hearing that
even in this trial "quick and easy" was most definitely not the case for
many.

There are plenty of GSD lists that are for fun, and sharing pictures, jokes
and the like..I suggest ShowGSD-L remain as it has been - in its current
tried and true format.
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com
** WEBPAGE RE-DESIGNED MAY 11/05***