[ SHOWGSD-L ] PetPAC at the Mission Circuit

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd list <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 10:55:46 -0400

Cross posted with permission, please forward to other lists and individuals.
shared by Peggy

Kelley Moran, Barry Wyatt and I attended the Mission Circuit shows on Fri, Sat
and Sun.
AKC seems to have lifted the ban on politicking because a lot of the judges and
almost every exhibitor
were wearing buttons.
We showed up with the new PetPAC signs, new stick on badges, fliers and
donation envelopes.
There were three tables in a row, with CDOC holding down the first, AKC the
second and PetPAC sharing a
table with CFODC. This proved very helpful because CFODC had people manning the
table constantly and we
worked well together handing out each others materials.  A planned meeting
between PetPAC and CDOC was put off
all three days for various petty reasons and never did happen. So, I guess we
continue to agree to disagree
on policy.
Kelley Moran was tireless in walking the show site handing out flyers and
envelopes. We did receive
several club donations that are certainly appreciated.  PetPAC signs were
placed at every vendor booth and
given out to people going to the UKC and Agility shows. In the evenings we
spoke at some of the club
meetings.
We were not allowed to speak at the breaks, but we did meet with hundreds of
exhibitors and visitors.
We plan to be in Long Beach, and other shows. If you have a venue coming up,
let us know and we will try to
be there. I would like to thank Judthe Coffman and Florence Bletcher for their
help and support.

I know there is some frustration with the PetPAC website, but it is expected to
be up and running
Wednesday afternoon. We are looking for guest columns, human interest stories,
and most importantly,
any contacts you may have with $$$ contributors.  Any $$$ contributors I
repeat. It takes a lot of money to
put together this kind of campaign. So, for us to be successful we have to
concentrate on fund raising.
If this were only about defeating one bill, we would be offering a different
campaign. This is not about
defeating just one bill. It is about stopping the assaults against dog and cat
owners.
Remember this. If we bottle up AB 1634, Mr. Levine can go to one of his
co-authors, Senator Padilla, to find
another bill in the Senate to gut out and put the AB 1634 language into. We can
not let down our guard on
this attack. I hope everyone is serious about continuing on after we kill AB
1634 and go after those
who would keep on the attack against us. We need to be a one voice, one issue
voter, and create a political
force here that no one will reckon with.
When the PetPAC site is up, i am asking everyone to sign on and list themselves
as PetPAC supporters.

Bill Hemby
PetPAC
"that which does not kill me, only makes me stronger"