[ SHOWGSD-L ] Pet freindly motels

  • From: "Susan Madlung" <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 09:52:38 -0800

Be careful and check out their details..
last month we traveled as a family to Edmonton for a family reunion. I
booked 2 suites for all 10 of  us to share in a "pet friendly" hotel.. we
were taking our wiener dogs with us..

we got to the hotel to learn about their rules.. which were not posted on
their "pet friendly website" anywhere..

1) dogs were not allowed above the 2nd floor as the remaining 3 floors were
deemed "hypoallergenic" floors. the only suites they had were located on the
4th floor.. ergo - the dogs could not be in the rooms with us!!! it was
late, and we were too tired to pack up and go in search of some other
accommodation..

when we took our luggage, however, upstairs, there were 2 GSDs walking ,
escorted of course, down the hall and into rooms. our response was, 'screw
this, the dogs are coming up". we smuggled them in and out the back doors,
but we didn't have to, the maid services people saw the dogs and said
nothing..

the moral of the story, though is to make sure that "pet friendly" actually
means the entire building..
Sue
www.shadowacre.com