[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pet Food recalls???...really?

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx" <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 14:26:55 -0700 (PDT)

Sometimes one simply doesn't know what to do.  Therefore, perhaps it may be
prudent to
follow the research of the large companies.  I fear raw due to salmonella.  I
am so old that
I remember the days of kennel Ration......never a problem.   Fed Purina Hi-Pro
for years
until Gloria and Sally went to a seminar that maintained that the Hi-Pro was
hot enough
to  perhaps cause  bloat.  Fed another Purina for years until I found that
Sam's Complete
was the exact formula.  Tried Exceed for a few years until they changed that
formula and
went back to the Complete.  Most of my dogs are thirteen club members and I
have had,
in over fifty years, only two vet incidents other than breeding related
treatments and implants
or health certificates for shipment.  Coats have been good, stools have been
good.  What
more could you want. ?  I also believe  that some of these "designer"  foods
are the cause
of perianal fistulas;  stools must be hard enough to cause some strain, thus
expelling the
anal gland secretion .  I am not going to eat either sushi or raw chicken, so I
will not expect
my dogs to do so.  The puppies have been on Eukanuba for four months, but now I
will
go to an adult food with less protein. Their coats look like patent leather,
but I am fearful
of the high protein in large be=reed puppies .
JMHO
Carolyn