[ SHOWGSD-L ] Pet Food recalls???...really?

  • From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 00:43:42 +0000 (UTC)

   This is not meant to cause you to change what you're doing, nor am I
trying to cause a "list-fight"......the agency in charge of safety and quality
control of commercial pet food ( dogs, cats for the most part) is the AAFCO (
google it).....here's the catch...their members are a bunch of politicians (
that should make you nervous)
....and even worse for pet food clients....the AAFCO has NO REGULATORY
AUTHORITY!.....unlike the FDA ( food and drug admin) which obviously does have
the power to regulate the crap that I have been eating for 58 years.....I have
two books ( somewhere) discussing the pet-food industry....I'll give up my dogs
for life before I ever feed commercial dog food again......just look at the
damage the human food producers have done to us with the blessings of the
FDA...yes things are changing slowly and we are becoming more aware of the
effects of trans-fats, sugar, white flour, SODAs...the list goes on and
on.......I have high blood-pressure and high cholesterol not because I'm poor
black and married!...I have these problems because of the way I fed myself for
the past 40 years.......our biggest enemy as pet owners is not PETA......it's
the commercial  pet food industry!...can your dog live a long healthy life on
commercial pet food...probably...can your pet live a healthier and longer life
on a diet nature intended for it to eat......no doubt about it......if your dog
eats out of a bag or can with words on the label that you can't
pronounce...you're sitting on a time bomb.....the vets and food companies are
running to the bank as fast as they can..........gotta go.....two for one sale
on Big-Macs every Friday...Ed Hill

any post.