[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Personalities not belonging?

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 08:17:09 -0800 (PST)

Carolyn wrote:

"The Breed HAS changed, and...and while a dog
like Troll may be have played a big part in History, the Breed is not
expected to continue to look like one particular dog in the past. "

Do not understand this since the German Shepherd Dog was
founded by Capt. v Stephanitz and over in Germany they
inspected every litter. Troll was more correct in conformation and a using
dog, had a purpose more than just to show in the ring.  There
is more to a GSD than just running a circle and receiving a ribbon.

Correct conformation is very important as well as temperament, health and
usability. If all your GSD can do is excel in one field they are not
the dog they were created to be. I want my dogs to do more than
one thing since this is what the GSD was always suppose to be.

Theresa

From: Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Personalities not belonging?
To: cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 12:56 AM

I hope we don't have to become so politically correct that someone
cannot even make a truthful response as a succinct 'one liner'....?
The truth to it made me smile.
The List will die if personalities are not allowed to come through.
Both parties are right....The Breed HAS changed, and...and while a dog
like Troll may be have played a big part in History, the Breed is not
expected to continue to look like one particular dog in the past.

Carolyn   marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: not belonging
My apologies to Theresa, Lissa and anyone else I may have offended with my
one-liner.
PaulETTE McGuirt, GSDCA Member

Theresa writes: "It makes me wonder why we moved away from this great
looking GSD. [GV Troll vom Richterbach]

PaulETTE responds " Uh, same  reason why we moved away from the Ford Model
T?

From: <SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx>Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] not belonging
I comment:  Welcome to you new people and lapsed old  people. With a
response like that I bet you can hardly wait to  join.

Lissa
======