[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Personal experience

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 06:38:20 -0400 (EDT)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....now I know why it isn't working for you.  Nobody
OWES you "a logical argument...that makes sense".

So...breed your bitch or don't breed your bitch.  Better yet, acquire  a
really good one (HINT, try to do that with what my father would say  "hat  in
hand" because nobody OWES you to even contemplate selling/trusting you  with
a really good one).  LISTEN to the breeder of the bitch when  choosing a
bloodline that would work.

Then, if/when you breed a good one, no matter the venue, we'll all
sincerely applaude.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 9/24/2013 9:10:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Just  because I have a different opinion does not mean I am putting down a
"Superb  breeder".  I am allowed to disagree or at least be unsure until
someone  makes a logical argument to me that makes sense. In fact, I think I
sent a  private message on more than one occasion to that very breeder you
mentioned  on what great posts she made. But, you wouldn't know that now would
you? So,  just keep attacking me if it makes you feel better.

At this point, I am about to just run the other direction from the
showring and show breeders. Honestly. I thought this was a place where I could
ask
questions and participate in real discussions. I wasn't aware that I would
only be allowed to ask the "right" questions and must blindly agree with
every  point. Sorry.

Sarah

On Sep 24, 2013, at 3:40 PM, _Pinehillgsds@aol.com_
(mailto:Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx)  wrote:

You know....not all girls deserve to be bred.

It's a LOT of work and sometimes heartbreak to breed a litter, so if  you'd
care to try...find a REALLY GOOD bitch.  Starting with  mediocre...well, y
ou can't count on the stud dog for a miracle.

And I gotta' tell you Sara, it would pay to do your homework to see who
are disparaging before you keep at it.  Iza has forgotten more this  week than
you hope to learn in the next few years.  (Truthfully).

And last week you were going toe-to-toe with another superb breeder,  then
mentioned you might like to use frozen from a particular dog in a later
post.  One of her GVs.  Ummmm...wait, let me guess the  answer.

Kathy, member GSDCA,  DVGSDC
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 9/24/2013 12:32:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
_gsdworkingline@gmail.com_ (mailto:gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx)   writes:

You don't know me or anything about me.

If you  think I am "knocking you down" that is very sad. I feel bad for
you.

But, yes, I have my first registered german shepherd. I am trying  to do
the best by her that I can. I showed her to a UKC Championship; I  put an RN
on her and have 2 legs towards her BN; She has her CGC. I had  her evaluated
by a ScH club and a French Ring club. I already touched base  with a top
Course C trainer to title her in herding when she starts her  lesson program
this coming Spring; She has her HIC. This weekend she got  her TC from a local
GSDCA club.  She has had her prelims done for OFA  hips and elbows and is
scheduled net month for her official ones now that  she is over 2. She has
OFA numbers for cardiac, thyroid, DJD in Shoulders,  DM, and full dentition.

I am considering breeding her which is why  I have lots of questions.

I don't think the breed is perfect unlike  you.

Unlike you, I also don't have a problem talking about both the  strengths
AND weaknesses in the breed.

I was not born yesterday. I  may be a novice when it comes to the german
shepherd show world  but  I am not a novice in terms of the show world in
general or breeding. I  have bred both Show Champion horses and stakes winning
thoroughbreds.

But, I love the breed to much to bury my head in the  sand and think all is
well and the breed and issues surrounding it are  perfect.

Thus, I ask questions; share my thoughts;  and  listen to opinions from
experienced breeders who can be impartial and have  no agenda other than a love
for the breed.

It' s not my nature to  ride the coattails of someone blindly like a lot of
novices getting  started. I want to know the whys and the what's and I need
to make sense  of it all before I can decide if it will become a part of my
belief  system.

So, if that bothers you so much than don't read my posts.  Keep your
negativity to yourself and simply delete my posts. Not that  hard.

Sarah

On Sep 24, 2013, at 9:48 AM, Iza Ackerman  wrote:

> What a horrible post !  The "real world" ?   Of course part of their self
worth is defined by the success of their  dogs.  How do you define your
self worth ?  By the number of  snarky posts you write ?

> Every once in a while, we get a  subscriber that seems to ask "innocent"
questions about our breed and  showing, but their real intent is to knock us
down.  Good grief . . .  another one of those subscribers.

> Iza  Kabuska-Ackerman
> _www.Karizmashepherds.com_ (http://www.karizmashepherds.com/)
>  AKC Breeder of Merit
> Breeder of a Canadian Grand Victor, an  American Grand Victor,
> and many more beautiful dogs !
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Sarah Minsk
> Sent:  Monday, September 23, 2013 2:33 PM
> To: _ELG440@aol.com_ (mailto:ELG440@xxxxxxx)
> Cc: _Showgsd-l@FreeLists.org_ (mailto:Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
>  Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Personal experience
>
> I don't  know. I mean....dog show people are kinda crazy!!! Didn't you
watch that  movie.."Best In Show"!!! Maybe you didn't see the humor in it and
it was  just me!!!! *grin*

> I have seen local breeders who are  completely invested in their dogs.
Their self worth is defined by the  success of their dogs. Thus, they may be
nothing in the real world but, to  them, they feel like they may be
"Somebody" in the breed  world......

wrote:

>> Would that not be, Conflict and Interest?
>>
>> In order for there to be a conflict of interest, you have to  gain
something
>> to have an "interest".
>>
>>  Have you ever tried to explain what you get when you win a dog  show?
Or,
>> what you get by having a champion?   Then try to tell your boss what
going
>> Select  means.
>>
>> I have never seen such a blank stare as  when I try to explain the 15
point,
>> two major, and two judge  thing.
>>
>> Evan L.  Ginsburg
>> _gsyrfund.com_ (http://gsyrfund.com/)
>> Asgard  German  Shepherds
>> _http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
>>  Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together
>>
>> In a message dated 9/23/13 10:49:57 A.M. Pacific Daylight  Time,
>> _edwinx@comcast.net_ (mailto:edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx)   writes:
>>
>> .......the definition of dog shows IS  CONFLICT OF  INTEREST..

>>  POST is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the
original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or  FORWARDS
of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the  original author
AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS  RESERVED.

>> Each Author is responsible for the  content of his/her post.  This group
and its administrators are not  responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in any  post.

>> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE  FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH  APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE  POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF  LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE
PROSECUTED.

_admin@showgsd.org_ (mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx)

=