[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Perception, VBG

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: murk@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 08:31:52 EDT

In a message dated 8/18/2007 9:24:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
murk@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Laura,
You GOT to be kidding????????? They sure  weren't committed were they?
Mo

> But, I  would be willing  to bet that 99% of the folks that got dogs they
> thought they   could show, gave up after the first show.  How is that a
>  good  thing?

I had horses as a kid, junior hunter/jumper and 3 day.  I wanted to go  "to
the racetrack".  One day, there was an article in the Philadelphia  Inquirer
about the youngest female trainer ever, just 21 years old.  Truth  is, I lied
about my age so I could go to the track sooner; I was really  19.  I kept a
string of 10-15 horses in training w/ maybe another 5 on  lay-up at various
farms,
managed help, dealt with owners, went to the auctions,  made payroll.

Dog people aren't so tough.  Now, horseMEN, on the backstretch of a
racetrack in the late 70's early 80's...that was tough.

If you want something bad enough you work through whatever is thrown at  you.
 If a few nay-sayers are enough to turn you off, you never would have  lasted
through the hurt and disappointment that is part and parcel of  having
animals in your life.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds