[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Perception, Hidden agenda

  • From: "Tom Elkins" <firethorntemple@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <grnram415@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 19:37:13 -0500

Laura  -- I hope you don't take your ball and leave.   Seriously. I hope you
stick with it.   But if you do leave, before long someone else will drop
that same ball for everyone to kick around. Ignored,alienated, and
ostracized ? That describes the way a majority of the world population
feels.That's why so many psychiatrists,counselors,and ministers make a
handsome living.I don't think you can pin those problems on the GSD
Fancy.People who get into and stay involved in conformation over the long
haul do so because they develop a passion for it that combines with their
love of the breed.If you truly have the passion, eventually you'll spend
more time trying to figure out how to control it than you will how to make
it grow larger.Your true mentors will never find you.You'll find them,but it
won't be easy.It's never going to get any easier,but it may become very
rewarding.Since there have been some Vince Lombardi quotes lately,I'll throw
one in : "The quality of a man's life can be measured in direct proportion
to his commitment to excellence,whatever his field of endeavor."

tom elkins
Firethorn Temple