[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Perception

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 12:26:30 -0400

I don't think we miss the point at all. Seems like you forgot to sign
your post again or maybe you just don't anyone to know who you are.
Lee Brown
_lebrowngsd@aol.com_ (mailto:lebrowngsd@xxxxxxx)

In a message dated 4/28/2015 10:16:31 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

As usual you missed the point all together.....and we wonder why we have
declining interesting , go figure.....you can lead a horse to water but you
can't make them drink.....have a nice day boys

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 28, 2015, at 11:06 AM, (Redacted sender "_LeBrowngsd@aol.com_
(mailto:LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx) " for DMARC) <_dmarc-noreply@freelists.org_
(mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) > wrote:

Evan , it is always the judges fault never the breeder or exhibitor that
show the spooks. It is more fun to bash the judges. Those that find such
pleasure in bashing judges should probably finding another hobby. May a nice
knitting club would work best for them. You will also notice most who bash
the judges on here don't ever sign their post.
Lee Brown
_Lebrowngsd@aol.com_ (mailto:Lebrowngsd@xxxxxxx)

In a message dated 4/28/2015 9:30:56 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
_dmarc-noreply@freelists.org_ (mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) writes:

I have been reading about judges who put up spooks, and dogs being excused
that are sound.

It made me remember when we showed Champion Ruby under Bob Drescher. Bob
told me he loved her when she came in the ring, and he knew she was his
Winner's Bitch. When she approached him, she pulled back. That was it for her
that day. She never did it again, but Bob was right to judge her that
day. About a month later she went BOB at a specialty and went on to finish in
four shows. She was sound, but didn't act it on that day. And, she is
currently in whelp.

Then a couple of weeks ago, the same thing happened. We were showing Way
To Go under a good judge. Tedi was outside the ring and hid behind a trash
barrel for the Down and Back. The judge, making a joke, yelled, "Someone
move that barrel". Too didn't like being yelled at, (she didn't know it was
meant for Tedi), so when she came back she expressed her opinion of the
judge. That judge told me when Too came in the ring, he was sure she was his
Winner's Bitch.

Both judges were right. You judge what is in the ring on that day, and not
anything else. Those who don't do that are not the norm.

But, always remember that what you see outside the ring, in not what you
see in the middle. It always surprises me how different that can be. And,
often I surprise myself with what I do.

That is what makes it fun to judge. The travel, hiding in the motel room,
the anger of those who don't go up, and the second guessing is not so much
fun.

Judge problem?

Evan