[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: PennHip

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: SlvrCrkGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 08:36:27 EDT

In a message dated 8/6/07 4:45:36 AM !!!First Boot!!!, slvrcrkgsd@xxxxxxx
writes:

> Has anyone ever used PennHip??

i have - not intentionally - and may i say NEVER AGAIN!  i sold a 12 week old
pet pup to someone who decided to do a pennhip on the way home.  this was at
west l.a. veterinary - a very well known animal hospital.  the powers that be
decided that this pup would definitely be dysplastic.  the buyer brought her
back.  it took me quite some time to  calm that baby down - i don't know what
they did to her but the sweet outgoing pup was scared out of her wits.
eventually, i placed her in another pet home with the provision that xrays be
submitted to ofa.  her prelims were normal at 7 months.  at 27 months she ofa'd
good.
 so much for pennhip.
diane
Diane Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
"In dog years I'm dead." - Author unknown

<BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Get a sneak peek of the
all-new AOL at
http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour</HTML>