[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Peggy Lee has passed away

  • From: "Steve Grainger" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Amy Safdir" <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:31:47 -0500

 Peggy Lee was a dear friend to Steve and I. She was a wonderful person
somewhat private unless you knew her pretty well..and even if you did..she
still kept many things to herself. Peggy.had a biting sense of humor..and
wasn't afraid to stand her ground for what she believed in.Away from
dogs..we had fun conversations about hair cuts..make up..clothes...every
time I would find a new "hair-do" I thought she would look good in..I would
e-mail her a picture. As a peer..I could count on her to give me an honest
opinion about my dogs..and I valued that opinion. As a judge..she knew the
breed..and you knew exactly what to bring into her ring. Earlier this year
I posted about a show that involved a novice handler with an equally novice
puppy..the puppy was very nice..and very much the judge's type of bitch.
The judge stopped the boy and said to him "Just give me a half a good lap
around the ring..that's all I need to see.." With that..the boy and young
puppy bitch got their act together..and the judge awarded them WB. The
judge was Peggy Lee. At the time of the original post..I did not mention
her name..now..in retrospect I wish I had..as she deserved the recognition
for a job well done. This was the type of person she was..she knew what she
liked..and was patient..giving everyone a chance.Thank you Peggy for being,
good friend, mentor and for devoting your life to the German Shepherd
Dog..You will be sadly missed..but always remembered..Steve and Christine
Grainger

GSD