[ SHOWGSD-L ] Peach and Peas

  • From: "Cyndy Davis" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>, <billgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 21:19:35 -0700

For those who haven't heard the story. The Dallas club used to have fabulous
Christmas dinners, and one year I hosted. Everyone brought something, and
Ileana told me she was bringing peach and peas. Ok, well I thought that was
gross, but I'm sure not going to say anything.

I called Lea Ruggieri and probably Nanci Nellis also to find out what peach
and peas were. They didn't know either but thought it sounded gross as well.
I even asked Russ, who REALLY doesn't cook but is well traveled, thinking he
might know. They don't serve Peach and Peas in Germany so he didn't know.

So no one said anything but waited curiously until Ileana and Pablo showed
up with this dish we were all curious about.  They arrive, and the peas were
good, I didn't see or taste any peaches, just thought it was some Puerto
Rican thing.

Then one day I saw a can in the store that said "Pigeon Peas". Looked
surprisingly like Ileana's dish. We all had a good laugh!

Sometimes I can't hear as fast as Ileana speaks. LOL

  _____