[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Paying it forward

  • From: "Theresa-GSD Stolz" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: suzannejambe@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 15:44:19 -0800

Yes, it was a wonderful gesture that Elizabeth did helping this family.
Noah, was a special GSD and loved his family giving his life for them.

Family dog killed in shooting, local woman decides to help

http://www.wwmt.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/Family-dog-killed-in-shooting-local-woman-decides-to-help-61966.shtml#.VIorCsJujSc

Theresa
scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx

 Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Paying it forward
 To: "Showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Thursday, December 11, 2014, 5:53 PM

 I don't think this has been shared on
 the list, but if so..."delete me."  Just after
 Thanksgiving, a man and his family were involved in a road
 rage incident in Atlanta, in which the driver of the other
 car involved ended up spraying his vehicle with
 gunfire.  The man's name is Kidon Martin.  His
 wife and I believe at least 2 of their children were in the
 car at the time.  Miraculously, none of them were
 hurt....but their young german shepherd dog, Noah, stood up
 in the rear of the SUV and blocked gunfire from hitting the
 family.

 Noah was not so fortunate.  He was shot in the neck,
 and jumped out of the car to chase the assailant, but ended
 up dying from his wound.  Elizabeth Smith Wilkerson saw
 the story and was so touched by the family's trauma and the
 sorrow at losing their beloved pet, that she decided to
 donate a puppy to the family for Christmas.  She
 delivered the puppy, Kris, to the Martin family
 yesterday.  From the pictures on Facebook - - it looks
 like everyone is just thrilled and happy.

 What a kind thing to do.  Nice to pay it forward at
 this time of year (or any time, really...).....several of
 our members also helped a lot, including Kathy Tank, Peggy
 Kurz...probably lots more I don't know about.  Check it
 out on Elizabeth's Facebook page, and the GSDCA page.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html