[ SHOWGSD-L ] Pay as you go

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 19:39:30 EDT

Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
I say  pay/reimburse the airfare and the same number of nights' lodging
(2?)
that  would be paid for a normal meeting.

This all has to be considered carefully. If a board member is paid to come
to the national, they must not be showing a dog, they must not be going
just to  watch, but so far, the board is not required to attend. If they are
required to  be there, then there might be some merit to having their expenses
paid.

It is clear, when you run for the board, you give up a lot. So far there
are plenty of people who are willing to do that. Being a board member is not
a  chance to make money, finish dogs or gain anything for personal use.  It
is  hard work, and calls for dedication, and sacrifice. So far, a lot of our
members  have been wiling to do it.

If a board members does not want to attend the national, due to other
reasons, that is acceptable. But, to pay their way, just as a benefit, seems to

change everything that service means. But, again, if it is for the board,
AFTER  the members who vote it in are gone, then it will be done for good
reason, and  not for personal gain.

That is only what I would expect of those dedicated members who now serve
us so well.  I do wonder, however, why no mention of this was made before
now?  Where are those who used to let us know what was going on each day of
a board meeting?

I miss those days. If the board will pay me to go, I will attend and Blog
as the meeting goes on.

Not that there would be anything wrong with that.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
steps!