[ SHOWGSD-L ] Parker Chronicle Column about Kory Nelson (Dr. Death of Dogs)

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 09:39:12 -0400

-----Original Message-----

Everyone,

The column has officially been printed and the offensive against
this BSL Bandit is in full force.

http://www.parkerchronicle.com/site/tab8.cfm?
newsid=16998211&BRD=2713&PAG=461&dept_id=560211&rfi=6

Please spread the word if you would.  The faster this man is outted,
the less chance he has of making your local city council a PeTA co-
op.

Nick

"Take a bite out of 'Dr. Death'"
by Nick Van Duren

Parker Chronicle, August 3, 2006

http://www.parkerchronicle.com/site/tab8.cfm?
newsid=16998211&BRD=2713&PAG=461&dept_id=560211&rfi=6

Sheriff Weaver claims in his letter to the Parker Chronicle that we
deserve "no hidden agendas or a scandalous past..."

Then voters should take note of one particular endorser of Sheriff
Weaver and other local Republican candidates. The Douglas County
Republican Party has a militant animal rightist "mole" within its
ranks: Kory Nelson, Denver Assistant District Attorney, known all
over the country and Internet as the "Dr. Death of Dogs".

As a Republican, I'm steamin' mad!  To have Republican candidates
endorsed by such a militant should frighten everyone down to the
core.  Nelson's activist record is incompatible with conservative
ideals and negates any repute he may have earned within our party.
There is absolutely no moral justification for allowing Nelson to
have a position as a precinct captain or accepting and publishing
his political endorsement.

Republican candidates should sever all ties with this militant
animal rights operative.

In addition to extensive lobbying by PeTA, HSUS, and other militant
organizations, Nelson's influence explains why residents throughout
Colorado and the rest of the country have recently begun to
experience an all-out assault on their dog rights.  Dangerous dog
ordinances, mandatory spay/neuter, and the infamous Kory Nelson
trademark: Breed Specific Legislation (BSL), pose a menacing threat
to our beloved family pets.

For example, Kory Nelson lobbies lawmakers with materials full of
deceitful and manipulative animal rights propaganda.  What's more,
Nelson's proclamation that: "Anybody who shoots a pit bull running
loose is justified,'' (San Francisco Chronicle, Monday, June 27,
2005) proves that this man lacks ethics crucial to carrying out his
duties in the public interest.  Why would Douglas County Republicans
harbor such an activist in their ranks; or listen to him for that
matter?

Furthermore, Kory Nelson's position in Denver has influenced and
promoted an outright abuse of power and authority, simply because
the so-called Pit Bull was not the right kind of dog for Nelson and
his allies. In only the last year, Denver has garnered well over
1,000 kills to its credit.  That's not including other communities
around the U.S. that have accepted Nelson`s offer of assistance.

Ironically, his murderous campaign was not always against the so-
called "Pit Bull".  The poster-child of his dog bans used to be the
Chow Chow. Eliminating one-breed-at-a-time is what Breed Specific
Legislation is all about.

The agenda is shrewd but clever.  First, BSL threatens a community.
Once dog-lovers fight it, local governments backtrack; but feel as
if they must adopt several other ordinances in its place.  Now
animal rightists gain a foothold. They've been given an inch.  Now
they're going for the jugular.

The legal process is now infected by this virus, sabotaged under
animal rights' language, mandatory spay/neuter, licensing, breeder
registrations schemes, etc...the list goes on and on.  Animal
control ethics quickly become compromised, meaning that owning dogs,
cats, and other pets becomes harder and harder in your community.

The resulting scandal, corruption, and outright slaughter of
innocent dogs around the country is sickening and growing at an
alarming rate.  Rather than being education-minded and only
governing according to nuisance and cruelty situations, intrusive
pet laws effectively destroy an open and active pet-friendly
community.  It's no wonder that animal education and socialization
has become such a problem.  And this is exactly what animal
rightists are banking on.

With Kory Nelson's help, these groups are furthering their vision of
eliminating domestic animal ownership.  It's hard to comprehend, but
they've infected our laws, our culture, are effectively destroying
the integrity of animal services, and even tainting animal shelter
ethics.

However, despite Nelson's efforts to convince lawmakers otherwise,
animal lovers are mobilizing fast, gaining influence, fighting back
against legislators who allow themselves to be under the thumb of
these extremists.  We're here to help, but mess with our beloved
pets and all bets are off.  We're taking names, tracking elections,
and working hard to undo the damage of political correctness and
ignorance.

In addition, the Dog Fancy and show-breeders alike are here to
perform a public service to everyone by helping educate the
community.  We're an asset and the best source for animal
education.  We're willing to teach people how to approach dogs,
raise healthier well-trained pets, where to buy quality puppies,
etc.

Candidates that side with the animal rights agenda take note.  We're
mainstream. The agenda of PeTA, the Animal Liberation Front, and
other militant organizations is not.  Kory Nelson is not.  Now is
the time to decide who's side you're going to be on.  Conservative
values have nothing in common with animal rightist ideology or
individual promoters of this hateful agenda.

Finally, being a responsible voter means understanding the
background of those who endorse your candidates. Would you prefer
that animals be treated with brutality and your rights restricted
under our laws, or should our pets be loved and respected?  Vote for
candidates under Nelson's sphere of influence and rest assured that
lawmakers will enact and vote for irresponsible legislation.

Direct or indirect, they're assisting a destructive and very real
and pathological evil. Therefore, it is absolutely crucial that we
avoid this threat so the future of our family pets actually has a
future.

Nick Van Duren,
Freedom Off Leash
Parker, CO

Ginger Cleary, Rome, GA
Proud member GSDCA and Sawnee Mtn Kennel Club
www.rihadin.com