[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Parent club requirements for judges?

  • From: Ginialtman@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 22:52:48 EDT

The AKC has a requirement that to be a judge an individual must have a
documented length of time in the sport of dogs. This is demonstrated by owning
and exhibiting dogs and there must be a documented date associated with
this  exhibiting of dogs such as the entry of an owned dog in a catalog or a
title  earned--usually in the specific breed that the judge is applying for as
a new  judge. Beyond the first breed those questions of participation in
the sport  (and I think it is now 12 years) are not asked again.  One of the
methods of documenting activity in the sport and in a breed is belonging to
a  specialty club--a regional club for that breed --not necessarily the
parent  club. The AKC judge form does ask about club participation but I dont
believe that it is a requirement other than that it documents/demonstrates
the  participation in the sport of dogs.
Ginny Altman
> In a message dated 7/7/2009 3:36:27 P.M. Central  Daylight Time,
> BonJenShepherds@xxxxxxx writes:
> BUT she   says that she can't  try to get
> them because she hasn't been a  member  of the GSDCA for 10  straight
> years.
>  Is
> this really a  requirement?

**************Summer concert season is here! Find your favorite artists on