[ SHOWGSD-L ] Parent club activities

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 20:16:54 EDT

I got the information about our parent club from Tish, and want to thank
her for keeping us  updated.

I have been asked to explain what "reservation of rights" means.

It has to do with the law suit against the parent club.  The insurance
company is required to provide a defense, but if they find that the acts
complained of are intentional, and not neglegent, then the carrier does not
have
to pay for any damages, and may even ask for repayment of the expenses paid
to  that time. Few insurance companies will insure against intentional acts.

Insurance companies often do that if they think there might be intentional
acts causing the damages. It is often used in battery or asault cases.  I
often have to fight the carriers over it, and it is an issue that is
determined  in the courts.

It is a normal tactic of the insurance companies to encourage settlement,
and is a touchy issue since it puts your own carrier in conflict with the
insurred.

I anyone wants more information, feel free to contact me.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together