[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Parent Club Question

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:53:20 -0500

I think the Rott. club must be one of the few clubs that does have control over
its regional clubs. DCA classifies the regional clubs as members of the Parent
club, but that's about it. We were running into all sorts of problems a couple
of years ago with multiple specialties being held on the same weekend in the
same region. It has mostly fixed itself, but this year in October, Chicago and
Kansas City are holding their specialties on the same weekend. Definately close
enough to hurt entries, though KC is two specialties and two all-breeds and
Chicago is one day.

Maybe that is something the GSDCA should have control over, but not sure they
can convince the regionals to cooperate and some how, I think that the regional
clubs should be adult enough to make sure there aren't too many conflicts as
far as dates go - especially where the futurities are concerned.Jess M.Paisley
Dals (www.paisleydals.com)& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC &
Pepper, HIC)Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC
http://www.windowslive.com/family_safety/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_family_safety_072008