[ SHOWGSD-L ] Papaya Shampoo vs Brand X

  • From: Penny Kroh <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 13:00:09 -0400

Since my heart put a moratorium on dog shows for the summer, I had
lots of time for cleaning and re-arranging, which of course meant my
dog "stuff."  I found a container of "Brand X" show shampoo that I
used more than a couple of years ago.  Rather than throw it away, I
gave Forest and Brando baths all summer using it, instead of my usual
GREAT shampoo, Papaya (made by Show Season.)  <SORRY MACKIE!!>  What a
mistake.  Brando started scratching all over and began biting himself
in the legs.  His coat looked heavy and dull.  Forest's coat looked
grey.  (It took me awhile to figure it out--duh.)  ENOUGH.  Brand X
went in the garbage which is where it should have been to begin with.
Last night Billy gave both champions baths with Papaya--they look like
totally different dogs.  They are ready for the shows!  Their coats
are shiny, brilliantly clean--I've said it before--Papaya Shampoo is
the best.  Lion will get his Papaya bath today.  I guess I should
listen to my own advice.   VBG.

Penny in NY
CH Forest
CH Brando