[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Panosteitis

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DPiagentin@xxxxxxx, kurdels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 08:22:11 -0700 (PDT)

     You might try  Arnica Montana.  It is an herb, perfectly safe, and
  quite effective.  Many surgeons are now using it before and after
  surgery for swelling and bruising.  I would not be witout it for my
  own use.  Arnica comes in three forms: tincture, tablets, and salve.
  The tincture can be found only at good health food stores (Whole
  Foods, Central Market )  You would want to use the tincture, four
  or five drops.  The tablets must be disolved under the tongue, but
  our dogs donot seem to care for that plan.   You should see
  results within as little time as thirty minutes.  I would not be
  without it for myself --------twisted ankle, sprained wrist ----voila !
                                         Carolyn

DPiagentin@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 5/23/2006 2:26:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kurdels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Need  some help regarding a bitch, who is 3 years old, she was bred
three weeks  ago and has developed "pano."in the left front upper arm.
Had a vet examine  her and and he would not subject her to an x ray,
for obvious reasons. The  bitch has been x rayed ( both hips &
elbows ) & certified good  & normal by O.F.A.
Has anyone had success with a safe medication for  "pano." prescribed
by a vet for a bitch in whelp 21 days..  Adele
www.germansheparddogs.com

Hi, some bitches will go into pano, when bred, and also when they go into
season, it doesn't matter what age they are,  I would not put her on any  meds,
because she is pregnant, what I would put her on is some calcium  suppletment
Pet Tabs calcium plus and added vitamin C. a buffered aspirin  would be fine,
do not overdue, keep her as quiet as possible, this means no ball  throwing,
let her exercise at her own pace.

She most likely has pano due to the stress of the pregnancy,  I have  seen
this happen with bitches when they go into season had one that did this  each
and every time and when bred, she lived to a ripe old age.  Do not  x-ray.
Good
Luck,  Diane

Home of 1985  GV.Ch.Ossipee Ceasar v Clover Acre CD OFA ROM,ROMC &
Cavalier King  Charles Spaniels
_www.debmarsgermanshepherds.com_ (http://www.debmarsgermanshepherds.com/)
www.debmarscavalierkingcharlesspaniels.com

POST  is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original
author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of  any kind

PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS  EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS  PROHIBITION WILL BE

Ring'em or ping'em. Make  PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo!
Messenger with Voice.