[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pano or Lyme/ long...

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, TISHW@xxxxxxx, CMILL189@xxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, hollywoods@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 23:06:44 EDT

Arthritis is bad enough, but not the absolute worst that can happen with
untreated or UNDERtreated Lymes disease.   My eldest daughter was possibly
undertreated and the side effects, now years later may be the terrible
migraines with
aura, migraine seizure w/aphasial.   Google human lyme disease after effects
and it'll scare the pants off of you.   We're "almost" hoping it's "regular"
migraine disease, results are pending.
Stormy
In a message dated 5/18/08 7:24:55 PM, marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Living in an area where Lymes disease and Erlichiosis is prevelant and
> having had a dog
> that had both Lymes and Erlichia I can tell you that if left undetected it
> can be devastating
> to the dog.
> The key to finding out about Lymes is that the test for Lymes almost always
> comes up
> negative when they do indeed have Lymes.    We have seen that over and over
> in our area
> with people and with dogs.
> We lost BOSS to Erlichia and our experience was an eye opener.   I had known
> at least
> 6 people in our area with Lymes and several dogs.    OFTEN on the people
> when the tests
> came up negative and I showed them the symptoms for Lymes......( vague
> flu-like symptoms )
> a couple of them had smart Drs. that opted to treat them for Lymes anyway
> and they were
> helped.    One who was not treated for a few years ended up extremely
> arthritic and it ruined
> his career as a Coach.    The longer they go untreated the more devastating
> the results.
> With BOSS I knew all the symptoms....I knew he must have Lymes and we ran
> the tests on him
> twice.....about 8  months or more apart.    Finally when he was severely
> lame and I could feel
> him 'quiver' when he sat next to me......we had our Vet X-ray him and he
> said he had severe
> arthritis in  his joints.  ( that's what Lymes does )   I reminded  him he
> was OFA both ends and
> had no problems and requested the FULL TICKSOLOGY test just  as I had been
> advised just
> before this  by Mary Ellen Kish after I had called her for help and advice.
> When the results came back......our Vet was stunned to find out BOSS had
> Lymes AND
> Erlichiosis!!!!     Mary Ellen Kish had helped me a lot when I called her as
> she went through
> almost an identical experience with HONKY TONK MAN.    She had experienced
> and learned
> it all and advised us to get the three way test,  as then, and ONLY then,
> can you be sure of the
> negative reading.     This test is for Lymes, Erhlichiosis and Rocky Mt.
> Spotted Fever....it is
> not cheap.....but worth it.   I don't know if it works with people....but it
> does with dogs.  I will
> never waste the time or money on just the test for Lymes again.
> PS......BOSS had been on Frontline all the time......for fleas and ticks.

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family
favorites at AOL Food.