[ SHOWGSD-L ] "Panda" Shepherds - JEEEZ!

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "LuAnn Kennedy" <brendangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 23:04:23 -0800

--
From: "LuAnn Kennedy" <brendangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>To: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>;
<showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 5:12 PM Subject:
"Panda"
Shepherds - JEEEZ!

> First you must go to Cindy's website and READ the info first.  The reason>
> they are
> unusual
 is that Frankie has a double mutation.  She has blue eyes> and the coat color
and
isn't a piebald.
  Go to the Panda Theory you will> find this.  Frankie's sire/dam have been DNA
tested, as
 well as Frankie.> You can see pictures of Frankie, her pedigree, sire/dam and
her
pups from
> previous litters and her siblings.>
> Free free to email Cindy at:  cindy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > LuAnn

The dogs that I mentioned that I have seen also occasionally had the "blue"
eye.
Usually
when that portion of the face is white is when you get the blue eyes.
Same with the piebald color in horses...........they call it a "watch" eye.
Piebald
is a
three color pinto.    Panda's are two colors.
Again....this is not a rare and unusual phenomenon.....it's a failure to follow
the
Standard.
How do you figure this is a double mutation???    Because of her theory on her
site??
There are sure a lot of mutations out there......seen it before in three
different
cases that
just I know of.   Not a phenomenon .......not a mutation......not what the
Standard
asks for
which is why it is rare.     I wrote Cindy last time this went through the
List.......

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com