[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Palatable and Nourishing Foods

  • From: GSD0110@xxxxxxx
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, gsdramey@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:33:54 EDT

For treats I use Gwaltney Great Dogs (chicken hot dogs) I split them
lengthwise 4 ways then cut the 4 pieces into 8 sections (I get 32 cookies from
a  hot
dog)..... puppies learn really quickly when I have them and when I don't...
they will literally rip my pockets off if they smell them and I am not paying
attention...

Also if I have dogs that don't eat I use the cut up pieces added to their
food and they haven't failed to eat yet... Usually the only dogs I have that
don't eat are bitches just after whelping.... I never let a bitch go more than
12 hours after whelping without eating... My bitches will usually gain weight
during lactation.

Gary Lewis