[ SHOWGSD-L ] Pacing again?

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 07:30:35 -0700

I think it is the responsibility of the handler  to know the dog is pacing and
to lift the dog to change it's gait and
them to get into a speed that prevents it from pacing if it continues.    Some
dogs are smooth getting into a pace
but the handler still should be able to feel it and change it to a trot.
Typically it is not a fault......unless the dog is in terrible condition or to
shift weight off a limp......it is just a gait we
do not want to judge a dog by in the ring.    Not a lot different than loping.

 A handler fault maybe...........<G>  or owner fault for not alerting them
forward. ( often called doubling ) <G>

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  From: Jessica MacMillan
  Re: pacing in the showring. I usually tell handlers their dog is pacing and
will give the handler a chance to regait their dog again... If the dog
continues to pace, I do fault it because you are not getting a fair evaluation
of gait and since you only have 2-3 minutes to evaluate a dog, you judge them
as you see them.

  Jessica MacMillan
  Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)