[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pacing

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 09:42:15 EDT

In a message dated 7/7/2009 8:37:24 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
From:  "Giselda & Art" <scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Thanks to  everyone for all the information on pacing, always wondered
why
> dogs  do it and I guess everyone has thier own ideas/thoughts/opinions.
> am just as curious as the next guy.
>  Giselda

I wasn't going to get in on this discussion,but I guess I have to put  in
my 2cents <G>
 YOU guys get sick and tired of me telling about what" used to be" .  Way
back when , at a time that I was spending a lot of  time at LongWorth
Kennels with Lloyd Brackett and Gin Mc Coy and Gin coming up to my house with
bitches to breed to the Cuno dog, WE all  had a discussion about Pacing in
GSD. Gin and I argued and talked with Lloyd,just like this List does, And Lloyd
 said something I have always remembered . " It takes a  GSD that is well
angulated to Pace easily& properly." If the dog is proper in his
angulation,he resorts to pacing as a resting gait ( as all of you have  noted)
,but it
is a smooth pace . Lloyd used to say if he paces ,he's got to be  a  a good
gaiter. As a matter of fact,Lang Skarda  said the same thing  . Now I'l go
back to watching the twin baby deer play in my back yard.
                                                         Helen Miller Fisher
**************Looking for love this summer? Find it now on AOL Personals.