[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pacing

  • From: "Micky" <mickyadams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 16:42:57 -0700

>>Or do they ignore the fact that they are pacing and just simply look at
the overall comformation of the dog?  <<

I'm not a judge but I'll give my 2 cents on pacing. A judge can only judge
what they see that day in the ring so if you have 2 dogs of equal appearance
on the stack, they are both clean coming & going but one of them starts to
pace which one do you think will get the nod that day?

Some dogs pace learn to pace but what I've see is alot pacing due to being
out of condition. Roadwork your dogs and don't let them pace so you don't
have to worry about whether a judge is going to ding them for the movement.
This is a movement breed.

Just my opinion though :)

Micky Adams
http://www.imaginationframedphotography.com
http://www.newbeginningspottery.com
"Those without a sense of humor are at the mercy of the rest of us."
"Life is too short to wake up with regrets"