[ SHOWGSD-L ] PVT to Evan & Theresa

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 13:30:09 -0400 (EDT)

I agree with you Evan.

I have photo gallery pages on my website, pages and pages of photos from
companion puppy owners (with a few agility, OB, SAR dogs for good  measure).

Here's a portion of an e-mail I received yesterday.  The family was
referred by their VET, (not unusual, I get a lot of referrals from vets), who
cares for another dog I bred.  I don't know these vets, never met them, and
have only the vaguest notion of where they are:

Dear Kathy
Thank you for spending Time with us about your upcoming litter.
We would have a first preference of a male. Color does not matter.
If we were not able to have a male ,I am sure we would be okay with a
female.
Please send me your address and who the check is to be made out to.
We have heard such good things from our Vet.that we hope we are able to
have one of your pups.

I had told them we could get blacks.  So reading the e-mail, they  would
like a male, female would be fine though if I don't have a male for them  (I
have others reserved), color doesn't matter.  Super home, have had GSDs  for
40+ years, the dog has a home in PA and FL.

To Theresa, I'm sorry you have such a negative experience.  Most of us
aren't breeding unsound pigs or for sure we wouldn't get referrals from
veterinarians like the one above.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 9/5/2012 11:45:09 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

I get a  real kick
out  of hearing how much people love the dogs we sell, and  how many call
or
write to  brag about their dogs.

If it ain't  broken, don't insist on fixing it.

If you think breeders are breeding  bad animals, if you think people
seriously breed litters to produce  faults, if you think all judges only
judge to
do favors for their  friends, and if you feel the breed is no longer a
viable
and   valuable dog, then find another  sport.