[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: PUPPY PACKET'

  • From: showgsd <showgsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 11:28:44 -0700

I include most of what is in  Zoe's post along with the following:
1. A list of "approved" vets in the area
2. A list of training classes in the area
3.  A paper that I wrote on "socializing" a young puppy
4.  A list of "approved" toys for GSDs and ones not to buy
5. A paper about keeping the puppy safe around holidays ie Christmas trees,
ornaments, fireworks etc.
6. Safety issues - never leaving a choke collar on an unattended dog; leaving a
dog in a car on a hot day etc.
7. A list of things to have when you bring the puppy home
8. An article on poisonous plants - indoor and out
9.  Diet for all stages - puppy, adolescence and adult
10. Listing of good books and magazines that relate to GSDs and dogs in general

Yes, my puppy packet is very thick and it is given to the owners before they
 take the puppy home.  I go over it when I give it to them and then after they
have taken it home and read it, I answer any questions that they  may have
either over the phone or when they pick up the puppy.

And yes, it is a lot and my buyers always tell me it is easier to adopt a child
than to get a puppy from me.  :-)   LOL

Kay Springer
www.showboatgsd.com
Home of Multi BISS & Multi Group Winning
Ch. Rohan's Reward TC, CGC, HT, CD, RE
"Strider" - see his pups on my website

On Jul 3, 2009, at 9:53:32 AM, "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Here are things I include in my puppy packet:
1. Pictures of sire and dam and 5 generation pedigree
2. Copy of the parents' health certificates (OFA, CERF, Thyroid, vWd etc)
3. A signed health certificate from the vet
4. Worming and vacination record of the puppy
5. Crate training and housebreaking instructions
6. An application to the GSDCA
7. Articles about certain subjects - breeding, growth
8. Feeding schedule
9. Herbal recipes for coat, ears etc

Wh