[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: PUPPY DOG TAILS

  • From: Kris Kudel <vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frank fasano <f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 06:13:51 -0600 (CST)

=====================
From: frank fasano <f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2007/01/29 Mon PM 09:20:42 CST
To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] PUPPY DOG TAILS

Update on the tail- Took my little guy to Iowa State and met the young
doctor ( looks like he could be in high school) who had expressed an
interest in saving puppy's tail- he gave me a deal on the cost because he
wanted to try the surgery and he warned that the blood supply may be too
compromised.  He put a pin in the bone and an external fixator because the
bones were too small to plate- said he would know if the tail would die by
Saturday- On Saturday Frank picked him up and they were still not sure about
the tail. I took him in today for a bandage change- the prognosis is still
guarded but the tip has not obviously died yet- meanwhile he has turned into
a terror- and is chasing the cats around the office and pulling cords of the
computer- I keep the Elizabetan collar off while I am here- he just looks
pathetic when I make him wear it- the good news is that when it is off he
does not seem to bother the tail- fingers crossed-  Kris

I hope all goes well.

Kris Kudel
Kamelot
Shepherds      UPDATED http://mysite.verizon.net/krisbob1/