[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: PUPPY BUYERS

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: murk@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 23:30:43 EST

In a message dated 12/21/2005 6:08:35 PM Pacific Standard Time,
murk@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I have to admit, I did put Pat thru the ringer and back......she was my
first internet sale, and it scared the crap out of me.........
As it should be, don't you think?   And, turned out to be a good thing for
you both.
I recently bought a Dutch shepherd that was shipped to me from the Mid-west.
I spent months finding the right breeder, was then put on a waiting list and
communicated back and forth for another 3 months until the pups were ready.
The breeder asked for references and called my vet.  I don't know if she
actually called any of the references tho.  She grilled me on why I wanted a
Dutchie
and what I planned to do to keep her busy, Schutzhund, agility, etc...  I
didn't mind one bit.  As scary as is was for me to buy a dog, sight unseen,
except puppy pics, I know it was scary for her too.  Mina did not disappoint.
What
a wonderful, beautiful girl.  I update the breeder frequently and we have
developed a nice friendship.  I don't think I would've bought from this breeder
if she hadn't made me wait and jump thru some hoops :-)
Laura Thomas
http://www.treasureranchgsds.com/