[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: P.S. The Illustrated Standard

  • From: Tigra12@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:22:18 EDT

But....the standard SHOULDN'T evolve should it?  I mean, doesn't that
translate into "write the standard how the dogs are today"?  That's how I
interpret
it...but perhaps I'm taking it in the wrong context.  The standard, in my
opinion, shouldn't be evolving and changing...it should always be the same (as
far
as structure is concerned...I know that colors are added, removed, etc
sometimes), should it not?  I apologize if I interpreted that statement
incorrectly.
It IS hard to please everybody, that's for sure.  lol.  The dog you think
looks like a "pet" is what a correct dog looks to me, and the faulty dog she
posted is what I consider faulty.  But, I'm sure the standard will be drawn and
redrawn before people are satisfied.

 - Jackie

In a message dated 8/15/2005 7:18:18 PM Central Daylight Time, Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
writes:
if not the standard, has  evolved,
and perhaps still evolving.
As Helen says, the illustrations should  reflect
what we see in the breed ring. I do not care for the NIS, (illustrated  by
Linda
Shaw) as in my opinion, the dog the artist says is extremely faulty,  weak,
etc, is closer to the beautiful German Shepherd we see today in profile.  The
dog she admires as being "correct" is a very middle of the road common
looking
pet to my eyes. Can't wait to see the new revised version. Syd