[ SHOWGSD-L ] PRETTY OFF TOPIC

  • From: antonio ybarra <antybo0@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 22:01:33 -0600

Ed, thank you for taking the time to reply to my post, you always come trough
as a nice man.  Let me try to explain my comment about racism and the sport
dying.  SOME of the show exhibitors are socially rejected outside from the dog
world, SOME are not very educated, well traveled, or financially in the upper
brackets.  These characteristics makes them rejects in the real word, but
eventually they find a nit ch in the gsd dog world making them feel special.
This special feeling is the only venue to be like their fellow more prosperous
own kind, so now they want to perpetuate the rejection that usually they feel
outside the shows by discriminating others.  When new people try to enter the
world of showing, the rejects protect their nit ch against newbies, not well
experienced, or too rich.  New people who just want to show the dogs end up
leaving, like myself, because all I wanted was to own a well bred animal.

About my ethnicity, I'm Native American, German and Spanish.  I have not been
discriminated yet, maybe because I'm Muscled, dark and handsome. LOL

Antonio