[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: POSTS BY KATHALEEN AND ELLEN

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxx, Janandmort@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 13:49:16 EST

In a message dated 11/1/2009 12:18:19 P.M. Central Standard Time,
hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
We have  beat this dead horse a thousand times on the list. People nod
their heads in  agreement, but then breed to unsoundness anyhow, be it physical
or mental.The  trend in the last 10 years I feel has taken us down the path
of creating a  "style" of dog that is at its best standing with average
movement that looks  impressive when the dogs

 I was going to post as you did about "beating this horse to death"
also,And I agree on many of everyone's opinions. If you remember,I made posts
after viewing Bob Lindsay's films ,both 2007 & 2008 about too long an animal
with loins of 8 inches instead of  "4 fingers spread".and  upright"  lay ons"
and "lay backs" of the shoulder, with little or no prosterum, along  with
many of the comments made by Mort, Kathleen, and Ellen. My biggest worry  has
been ,and always will be that this continuing effort to produce a new
"Illustrated Standard",based on the style of dog ,being bred and shown at  the
present time, and to discard Norrie Ordness' Generic Illustrated
Standard,drawn strictly from the written Standard, that has  served
successfully as a
teaching tool for over 55 years.

Helen Miller Fisher