[ SHOWGSD-L ] PLEASE-SOMEONE HELP

  • From: "Pat Lukos" <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 18:41:34 -0400

Margaret Trahan and I have been working diligently for 4 days to try to get 3
poodles to their owner in Washington DC who was an evacuee from New Orleans. CJ
Favre was willing to transport from Atlanta to DC where we had a pickup there
to take them to their owner (one dog is 24 years old!!).
Well, we couldn't get ANYONE to help with this one leg so now we are at Square
One again.  The HSUS will pay for mileage, meals, and overnight stay for pets
being returned to their owners....you only need to keep receipts.  DOES ANYONE
KNOW ANYONE WHO WILL HELP.   Yes, it is non-GSD but does that really matter if
we are to help reunite pets with their owners????  We will have to coordinate
this transport all over again.  I am outside of Pittsburgh so that is not an
option or I would do the transport myself.  I am so frustrated to see people
continually bickering at each other over a dog club election when there are
other important things to be done....we are all gonna vote however we want and
no one will sway us with "dirt" on other candidates.....but, come on guys, this
is an important part of owning an animal.  Help US help them!!

Pat Lukos
Sarava German Shepherds