[ SHOWGSD-L ] PLEASE HELP ADD YOUR CLUB'S NAME TO OPPOSE CHICAGO'S MSN

  • From: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 18:33:17 EDT

SEE POST BELOW..
Please add your club's name to this list.   Any and all clubs please do so.
As Margo says below you do not have to be Chicago-based, in fact the more
that oppose this bill across the country the better.   They will know we are
all
watching Chicago.   I invite the GSDCA to also submit their opposition.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Shoreline GSDC has already asked to be added to the list...
Best regards,

Pat Galambos
Shoreline GSDC

------------ -------- -------- -------- -------- --------
------------ -------- ---
FORWARDING PERMITTED AND ENCOURAGED
LET'S GET THE WORD OUT!!!

We are currently putting together a list of all training and kennel clubs
and rescue groups which are in formal opposition to the proposed Chicago
Mandatory Spay/Neuter ordinance, along with the key contact person for each
club.

These groups do not have to be Chicago based, but can be any club or
organization in the United States, or even in the world, for that matter.
Actually,
having national and even international attention placed on the Chicago
situation would give our Chicago aldermen/women even more cause for concern
about
the negative effects that Mandatory Spay/Neuter legislation, if enacted into
law, might have on Chicago's 'pet friendly' tourism image.

At this time, we do not need formal letters of opposition, just the names of
such groups/clubs opposed, and a contact person and their email whom we
could contact should we need such a letter in the future.

Please consider asking your clubs if they'd be willing to take a stand on
this issue, and agree to oppose the Chicago Mandatory Spay/Neuter ordinance,
in
its current version, and any possible re-writings of this ordinance in which
Mandatory Spay/Neuter would be mentioned or implied in some form. Usually,
it is the Board of Directors of a club that have this authority, and the
Legislative Liaison (if appointed) or an Officer who would act as the
contact.

To date, we have the following groups formally on record stating that they
oppose the Chicago Mandatory Spay/Neuter ordinance:

Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus
Norfolk and Norwich Terrier Club
Fanciers Cocker Spaniel Club of So. Wisconsin
Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of America
Irish Terrier Club of Chicago
Kerry Blue Terrier Club of Chicago
Great Lakes All Terrier Association
Rand Park Dog Training Club
Agility Ability Club of Illinois
Chicago Miniature Schnauzer Club
Little Fort Kennel Club
Illinois Cocker Rescue
Scottish Terrier Club of Chicago
Fox Terrier Club of Chicago
Chicago Miniature Schnauzer Club Rescue
Moraine Tracking Club

We'd like to see your club's name added to this list! When you have your
club's permission, please contact us so your club can be added! You can
contact
me with this information:

Margo Milde
mrm1206'at'_ mrm1206'at'http://yahoo.http) (substitute the 'at' with @)

or contact Michele Smith
msmith'at'_cmscresc msmith'ahttp://cmscrescue.http) (substitute the 'at'
with @)

Thanks!

Margo Milde
AKC Legislative Liaison - Rand Park Dog Training Club Inc
AKC Legislative Liaison - Agility Ability Club of Illinois
Health Education Chair - Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of America

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel
deal here.