[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: PItt Bull problems

  • From: Fran Henry <fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Diwri@xxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 15:20:56 -0600

On 9/9/07 2:38 PM, "Diane Wright" <Diwri@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Aloof" describes the adult GSD, a puppy GSD should be friendly
> & outgoing, very willing to meet new people.

I recently "met" a 16-week-old puppy in a shopping cart at Petsmart. I
couldn't get much of an idea of structure because he was surrounded by food
and other "stuff," but he had a beautiful head, lovely coat and looked to be
a very nice puppy.

The owner said he was an import from Eastern Europe -- Poland maybe??

The thing that struck me was that this puppy WAS aloof. He didn't shy away,
was content to let me pet him, but other than that, he ignored me.

Like Diane, I have always felt a puppy should be as she described.

Fran Henry