[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: PItt Bull problems

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "thelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 11:30:23 -0500

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN:   Please read this post and LEARN as I have also YES,
we know the importance OF
being against BSL --  However, as an oldie I KNOW this post is totally
TRUE!!   We need to think of the situations in
which the human/dog relationships are thrown. I have rehabilitated many dogs
of different breeds and mixes in my time!
Seriously,  I have met a few pits that were hopeless.  I worked on an Aussie
that was so horrible it would make
your hair stand on end.    I will NEVER forget the horror in N.O. after that
Katrina hurricane and the HUNDREDS
of  PITS that were in that city.   We've, as I mentioned, only passed the
law against dog fighting in this state just about
2 years ago.  SAD    Yes, generally, it IS the owners, but not to ever be
forgotten is the original USE of each breed.
One thing in Sue's post that hurts me deeply is how our own LIFE SAVING GSDs
are looked upon by some
of the JQP!!   We MUST do MORE to educate and the younger the better as we
work with CHILDREN!. I've
worked so hard in the LARGE obedience school here and tirelessly with our
allbreed club and our own GSD
club and more all my born days.  I know it is very time consuming, but if we
have a goal and stick to it, it'll work
somehow.  So read Sue's post and if it's ok by her IT SHOULD BE PERMITTED TO
BE CROSS POSTED!
I rest my case too.  ( Yikes, I was going to shut up but this got to me big
time, sorry)           Norma no L