[ SHOWGSD-L ] PAWS is back

  • From: Mary Tripp <mtmsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: show gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 10:41:53 -0500

I just got this in from RPOA in San Antonio.  Everyone please take time to
send your letters.

October 14, 2005
Bob Kane recently sent out a message of "celebration" claiming that the
federal bill PAWS was stalled -- primarily due to the efforts of his group.
RPOA felt this announcement was premature as this is a 2 year bill which
could be attached to the 2007 Farm Bill.
We now have the following message from the the Doberman Pinscher Club of
America's Legislative Committee.

According to our Washington, D. C. insiders, the Pet Animal Welfare Statute
of 2005 (PAWS), S. 1139, is scheduled for a hearing before the Senate
Committee  on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry's Subcommittee on
Research,
Nutrition and  General Health.  Senator Santorum, the prime sponsor of PAWS,
is the
Chair of this Subcommittee.  The hearing is scheduled for 2:00 PM on
Wednesday, November 9.

If you have not yet used the DPCA LobbyNow Tool to  send your customized
e-mail message to every member of the U.S. Senate  Agriculture Committee
expressing your opposition to PAWS, please do so  now.

If you have already done so, thank you.  Do not try to do  so again,
however,
as you can only send your message one time.

Non-DPCA  members should use the following URL to send their messages:

_http://dpca.lobbynow.com/issues?PAWS/senate/agcommittee _
(http://dpca.lobbynow.com/issues?PAWS/senate/agcommittee)

As circumstances warrant, I will keep you  informed.

Cordially,
Jeff Helsdon
Legislative  Director
Doberman Pinscher Club of  America

Responsible Pet Owners Alliance
900 NE Loop 410  #205-D
San Antonio, TX  78209
Phone:  (210) 822-6763
Fax:  (210) 822-9038
E-mail:  rpoa@xxxxxxxxx
Website:  http://www.responsiblepetowners.org
$15 Annual dues (January - December)

To share information, subscribe or unsubscribe,
send an e-mail message to rpoa@xxxxxxxxxx