[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: PAWS exemption

  • From: RihadinK9@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:25:24 EDT

In a message dated 6/30/2005 7:25:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
Respectfully, that's just not correct. Read the wording and analysis of  the
bill for yourself like I did instead of believing the hysterical  warnings.
There are three exemptions.  Meeting ANY of the  three criteria keeps you
exempt. MEANING if you meet the first OR  the second OR the third criteria,
you  are
exempt. (If you had to  meet ALL of them, it would say "and", see  below.)
The
second  exemption is breeding six or less litters a  year.  Co-owned litters
NOT on your property DO NOT count towards your  total.  You  could breed six
litters, sell 40 puppies and be  exempt.

Sorry, but hysterical I am not.  And to me, and the legal people I  know OR
means any ONE of the three will apply.  NOT that you have to exceed  ALL of
them.

Throw into the mix that a) if you sell ONE dog/cat not of your breeding  NONE
of the exemptions will apply, and you will require a license, and b)..  and b
is the BIGGIE.... is the "intent" that this will show to "regulate" home
breeders.  And you can bet your bottom dollar that DDAL WILL file another
lawsuit if they need to get all breeders covered.

Furthermore this will do NOTHING to "stop puppymills".  The  substandard
"breeders" are probably already violating all sorts of anti cruelty  laws that
just need to be enforced and the bill will do nothing about commercial
breeders
who are already licensed out the wazoo.

Then of course there is the issue with hunting dogs, and security  dogs...
and let us not forget cat breeders will be really screwed.

This is a bad bill, all the way around.  And the "importing sick  dogs
issue can be handled by itself, and should.  For one thing...  the "sick"
dogs being imported are being imported my animal SHELTERS.

Ginger  Cleary, Dallas, GA
"Those who desire to give up freedom in  order to gain security, will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one."  Benjamin Franklin.
_http://www.rihadin.com_ (http://www.rihadin.com/)