[ SHOWGSD-L ] PAWS Clarification -- The Road Ahead

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:44:28 -0700

 It's time for a short PAWS celebration!   Senator Santorum,  S1139's
author, the bill's cosponsors and its supporters, the AKC, HSUS,  DDAL, PETA
and other animal rights groups have suffered a very  significant setback.

Ginger posts...

That's right ... but I think that some of  what circulated
yesterday --including some of mine -- sounded like we were  at the
'beginning of the end' for PAWS.

Paul opines...

I think what Bob Kane of SAOVA was trying to do was give some attaboys and
some good news re PAWS for a change. If you read his post...in no way does
he say it's over and we have nothing to worry about. To the contrary...he
posts we all will still have to work even harder to defeat this legislation.

More and more people are becoming aware of how bad this would be for us as
owners and breeders. Perhaps if it goes out of mind for a while...it will
give the AKC a chance to back off of their support and come back to the
"Good Side"...

While this is not a mortal blow...it has wounded PAWS pretty well. You all
know there is nothing more dangerous than a wounded animal. Keep up the good
fight...

Paul