[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: PAWS

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick@xxxxxxxxx, fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:42:49 EDT

In a message dated 7/31/2005 10:10:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
pmick@xxxxxxxxx writes:
OOOps!  PAWS doesn't say "more than 25 dogs bred on the  premises."  I
was writing two responses at the same time and got that  mixed up.  What
it says is flat out..."sells not more than 25 dogs or  cats at wholesale
or to the public"  with no reference to where those  dogs or cats were
bred (which is the part that bothers people who co-own  and co-breed).
The reference to "only dogs or cats bred or raised on  the premises of
the person directly at retail" refers to the 6  litters.  The $500 limit
on "other animals" is gross, not  profit............

Peggy, just to clarify;

If you breed 7 litters (here's your "OR")
OR
sell 25 dogs you didn't whelp/raise on your premises
OR
sell $500 worth of other furry friends (non dog/cat)

you  would need a license under the proposed legislation.

*************************
Therefore, (in a rrrreeeeaaaalllyyyy ridiculous example) if

I whelp/raise/sell 6 litters
AND
sell 24 stud fee puppies (OMG!)
AND
sell $499 worth of ferrets and I would
ESCAPE regulation.

Now, good, bad or indifferent, let's just at least get the facts  straight.

And where on earth besides the hysterical e-mails that are flooding all of
our e-mail boxes did you get AKC making $$$ off of this?  All I saw was Jim
Holt "hopeful" that one parties (USDA) inspection would satisfy the other's
(AKC) and visa-versa?  I don't get a conspiracy out of that.  I  suppose
somebody
has to bear the costs of inspections, but the AKC does it now  for folks who
have over 7 litters, and I always thought they made it up on  registration
fees.  I guess I just thought the USDA would pay for  inspections from
licensing
fees and whatever fines they imposed.

Again, I'm not saying it's good, bad or indifferent (I've said for me in PA
and many, many locations it's a non-issue because State & local regs  are MUCH
stricter than the proposed PAWS legislation), but let's at least get  the
facts correct.  All this misinformation and hysteria are like nails on  a
blackboard to me <G>.  Or, as long as we are looking for  conspiracies, maybe
all the
stuff I'm getting from lobbying organizations I've  never heard of are
attempts from the same to deliberately misinform, stir up  emotions and get
folks to
open their pocketbooks, lol:)

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_